Travelstart, Africa’s leading Online Travel Agency has announced the launch of ‘UberEscape,’ a collaboration between Travelstart and Uber to allow customers book flights through the Uber app.
Let’s dive into a little history about TRAVELSTART and UBER before going into the full details of the partnership between them.
Travelstart is Africa’s largest online travel agency, with headquarters in Cape Town and a local office in Lagos. Founded in Sweden, Travelstart opened its doors in 1999, as the brainchild of travel visionary Stephan Ekbergh. Nearly two decades, plenty of learning, growth and one African immigration later, today Travelstart proudly employs a team of more than 200 staff with offices in Nigeria, Egypt, Kenya, Tanzania, Turkey and other countries. Nigeria opened in 2012 and has grown to close to 50 staff. The company provides access to more than 500 airlines flying to more than 11,000 destinations. Travelstart Nigeria is the 2017 winner of the Best Blog at the Nigerian Tourism and Travel Awards. Book affordable flights now on www.travelstart.com.ng .
Uber’s mission is to help people get a ride at the push of a button – everywhere and for everyone. We started in 2009 to solve a simple problem – how do you get a ride at the touch of a button? Eight years and over five billion trips later, we’ve started tackling an even greater challenge: reducing congestion and pollution in our cities by getting more people into fewer cars.
Uber is available in thirteen cities in Sub-Saharan Africa (Cape Town, Durban, Joburg, Pretoria, Port Elizabeth, Nairobi, Mombasa, Lagos, Abuja, Kampala, Accra, Kumasi and Dar es Salaam). Overall, the Uber network is available in over 600 cities in over 75 countries including spanning 6 continents. To request a ride, users must download the free application for Android, iPhone, Blackberry 7, or register for Uber at www.uber.com/go. For questions visit www.uber.com
The Partnership Details:
From September 10 – September 12, 2018, customers will be able to book their flights by simply opening their Uber app and clicking on ’UberEscape.’ Customers will then be directed to the secure ’UberEscape‘ website where they can access exclusive flight deals to some of their favourite destinations. These flight deals are powered by Travelstart. The company is known for their cheap flights to Dubai, London, New York, Johannesburg and more.
The journey to ’UberEscape‘ will kick off on August 27 with an exciting competition on social media titled “Snap & Share.” During the competition, Uber riders will be asked “Where To?” Participants can pick from any flight route, snap a selfie and share it with Travelstart, UBER and their social media followers to win a trip to their dream travel destination. One lucky Uber rider will win two FREE Economy return flights tickets! The competition will end September 2, 2018. Here is how it works:
How it works:
1. From August 27, select Uber cars will contain fill-in-the-blank “Where To?” signs.
2. Use the wipeable marker to fill in your dream destination in the “Where to?” section of the board.
3. Snap a selfie with it and post on twitter or instagram using the hashtags #UberEscape #PoweredbyTravelstart
5. At the end of the week, 1 lucky winner will be randomly selected to receive TWO return flight tickets to their destination.
Read what top managements of both companies said about this collaboration:
Speaking about the partnership, Commercial Manager, Travelstart Nigeria, Bukky Akomolafe said “We are excited to partner with Uber to make flight bookings even more accessible. With this partnership, customers will be able to book their flights as seamlessly as ordering their next ride via the Uber app.” This reinforces Travelstart’s promise of making flight bookings even simpler for Nigerians.
Margaret Banasko, Uber Country Marketing Lead, Sub-Saharan Africa, said;
“We are constantly looking for new ways to excite and create value for our burgeoning customers, and we are thrilled to be collaborating with Travelstart through the launch of ‘UberEscape‘. ‘UberEscape’ allows Uber riders to book a flight to their next destination with just a click of a button. “We are happy to be enabling even more options for their urban mobility needs” she added.
To make this competition a fair one, we have few terms and conditions that must be followed.
Terms and Conditions
• Travelstart is responsible for the cost of the return flight tickets up to a value of ₦700,000. All other expenses (hotel, visa, transportation) are not included in the prize.
• Travelstart reserves the right to select the airline to the winner’s selected destination.
• This competition is promoted by Travelstart & Uber and is open to Nigerian residents, aged 18 and above that live in Lagos.
• Employees or agencies of Travelstart Web Logistics Ltd (“Travelstart”, “We”), Uber or their family members, or anyone else connected with the Competition may not enter.
• The winner will be contacted via social media handle, mobile and/or email used to enter the Competition.
• The winner must respond to the email within 24 hours to claim the prize.
• Winner agrees to supply a photograph for publicity purposes.
• Travelstart will attempt to contact the winners at least 3 (three) times, but if Travelstart is unable to contact the winners within 2 (two) days, such winner will forfeit his/her prize and Travelstart reserve the right to re-draw the prize.
• The winner agrees to share photos/stories of their travel experience with Travelstart & Uber.
• Failure to comply will disqualify the entrant from winning, and a new winner will be picked. Entries close on 7 September 2018. The winner will be announced by 14 September 2018.
• The winner may be announced in Travelstart & Uber’s newsletter, social media, print media etc.
• By participating in this competition, you agree to all the Competition Rules set out above, without exception. Entry into the Competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
• In the event of unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond our reasonable control, Travelstart & Uber reserves the right to cancel this Competition, or to change the rules at our discretion, or to change the number or nature of any of the prizes at any time without notice to you.
The Competition Prize Includes:
• Two free Economy class return tickets to the destination of the winner.
• Booking dates are from 15 September – 20 November 2018 and 01 February – 15 June 2019.
• Booking must be made 3 months from the date of announcement.
• Once selected the destination and airline cannot be changed.
• Tickets are issued by Travelstart Office in Lagos, Nigeria.
• Tickets cannot be reimbursed, exchanged for monetary gains, transferred, renewed or extended.
• Blackout dates, change fee, no-show fee, cancellation charges apply.
• Tickets are subject to the selected airline’s terms and conditions.
Let the best man win!
Don’t forget you can book cheap flights on Travelstart website and download the UBER app to make the competition more easier for you.