Life has been a roller coaster lately, from getting disappointed at so many things I was looking forward to and just generally loosing my drive. I would say this year has really been a challenging one. Through it all I thrive; because God is with me.
With everything going on; I started a business yaay; I have so many ideas and I finally started on my idea of doing surprise gift and experience packages. So if you want to surprise your partner, friends and family with dinner date, a vacation to an exotic island; gift items like gadgets, customized t-shirts etc I’m your plug ☺️ Just send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why I have not blogged for a while:
For a month now I stopped posting on the blog, at first, I told myself it was school exam and the domain name expired due to my naivety (will talk more about this in my next post) but deep down I knew I’ve lost my motivation for blogging.
I needed time to go back to my WHY?
Why did I start doing this in the first place? What is my long time achievement with this personal online diary and family I have?
I hate doing things without direction and the why kept nagging at the back of my mind.
Within this thinking phase the blog clocked a year yaay and that made me excited and I almost got my mojo back but I needed to really think through my long time achievement with blogging.
Reasons why I started blogging:
- I started this blog because I want to share my personal experience in life (lifestyle aspect of the blog) for people to learn from it.
- I started blogging so as to change the narrative of Nigeria in the media. I want people to see Nigeria from a Nigerian perspective through my personal adventures in Nigeria.
- I want people to explore our culture, uniqueness and diversity with me on a budget. Hence why I named the blog Explorewithbusayo. I want people to see a Nigeria rich in culture and people unique in their diversity.
- I started blogging because I want to inspire people to travel more, be blessed with the beauty of the world. Like one of my favorite quotes says : “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in you. Sail. Explore. Dream. Discover. ” Mark Twain
- I started blogging because I want to travel around the world and share my adventures with my readers.
I still very much want to do everything I mentioned but it’s needed to go back to the why when one is losing the motivation to go on and that’s exactly what I did. I can say there’s more clarity to my purpose going back to my why.
Moving forward; I have something cooking with a fellow travel blogger to fulfil one of the reasons I started blogging which is for everyone of you who have been with me from the beginning to explore the culture, uniqueness and diversity of Nigeria with me. I will share the full details when we are ready.
Have you ever been inspired by one of my write-ups and experience a place because I shared my experience on the blog?? Kindly comment below; I will really love to hear your feedback.